We're going to see a friend's band at a local performance space. I wanted to wear something a little different. I tried a dress with jeans and nude boots. I need blond hair to bookend today. Hope everyone is having a great night.
Archive: March, 2012
- WIW and now for something completely different
- WIW another denim day at work
- WIW the state of fashion for me today
- WIW style evolution leads to breaking my own rules
- WIW catching up 2/26-3/2
This is another take on yesterday's short over long formula. I see it's hard to tell but the sweater is cropped right to where my hand meets my waist. Is the shirt too short for jeggings? Mr. Work Plant says hello.
I love today's outfit because it feels totally me and it represents how I want to dress and how I want to present myself to the world at this moment. Dotty is having a pattern mixing day out with kitty wedges. The dress is slim but not tight. I feel ok without a waist cinching belt because there's already enough going on with the bag, shoes and leggings, and the cropped jacket emphasizing my waist. Minimal accessories feel just right today. I am wearing only my mk watch from the last NAS and my wedding ring. Tweaks and critiques gladly accepted, I always learn so much when I post wiw's here.
Oh my! Who is that person wearing a waist surrender top AND white pants?!? Holy cow, had you asked me about these things a month ago I would have said, you must be talking about those west coasters with their laid back style. Not me. Oh no. No white pants on the east coast. And definitely no surrender. I wore this outfit a few weeks ago and my poison eye for waist surrender didn't get me then. And now I am really starting to like this style on me. With the help of some creative undergarments, I can still look like I have a shape even if I am not showing off every inch of it. I do have to keep the pants slim though. I don't think I am up for volume over volume. That would not work on me.
I decided to consolidate this week's WIW's into one post since there's really not much new here and most of these are repeats or remixes in some way.
1) one of two new things here. I was browsing kids clothes for my son and saw this adorable gingham button down for $9 at Target.... it's a boys L and it fits like a women's 4, in case anyone is still looking for the perfect gingham shirt. I wore this out to see my friends' folk band play at a club. I felt totally appropriate in the comfy and slightly country vibe of this outfit.
2) hubby ripped my black puffer. Lucky break for me, I have an excuse to upgrade when I thought I would have to wait until next year. This is the Land's End Essential Down parka and it is on sale right now. Waves at MaryK, I think this is the coat she got for her east coast trip too.
3) NAS jacket and Ann Taylor ponte pants. Oops, I think I gained a little weight, this looks tighter than I imagined it to be in my head. Not sure if I would wear it exactly like this again. The pants seem tight and I feel kind of exposed in skinnies and such a short jacket!
4) Outfit of controversy! I wear it even though it got mixed reviews here on YLF... some say the light boots make the outfit look unbalanced. I think the light colors in the top pull it together. I am posting because I'm trying something new with the cuffs. Does it help to bring the outfit together to have the shirt cuffs peaking out? Waves to Natalie who wore this shirt this week too!
5) Kari's scribble dress has become my go to easy outfit for the winter. I paired it with my new animal bag for a bit of pattern mixing overload. It's a lot of pattern but everything is in the same tones so I felt like it went together.
6) Inspired by Angie's NYFW orange and animal combo, I decided to try out my own version. H&M cropped jacket from last summer, Ann Taylor blouse and skinnies.
7/8) Evolution of a WIW that started out as #7. This seemed to work better in my head but when I saw the pictures it looked like Angie's New New Style Epiphany from April fools day and I had to change my shoes. The top is too short to wear with heels. If I was wearing a tunic, I think it would work better. #8 is how I actually left the house. Wow, this looks so much better with boots!
Suggestions and comments greatly appreciated! I am always inspired by you and learn so much every time I post. Thanks for looking!