I decided to consolidate this week's WIW's into one post since there's really not much new here and most of these are repeats or remixes in some way.
1) one of two new things here. I was browsing kids clothes for my son and saw this adorable gingham button down for $9 at Target.... it's a boys L and it fits like a women's 4, in case anyone is still looking for the perfect gingham shirt. I wore this out to see my friends' folk band play at a club. I felt totally appropriate in the comfy and slightly country vibe of this outfit.
2) hubby ripped my black puffer. Lucky break for me, I have an excuse to upgrade when I thought I would have to wait until next year. This is the Land's End Essential Down parka and it is on sale right now. Waves at MaryK, I think this is the coat she got for her east coast trip too.
3) NAS jacket and Ann Taylor ponte pants. Oops, I think I gained a little weight, this looks tighter than I imagined it to be in my head. Not sure if I would wear it exactly like this again. The pants seem tight and I feel kind of exposed in skinnies and such a short jacket!
4) Outfit of controversy! I wear it even though it got mixed reviews here on YLF... some say the light boots make the outfit look unbalanced. I think the light colors in the top pull it together. I am posting because I'm trying something new with the cuffs. Does it help to bring the outfit together to have the shirt cuffs peaking out? Waves to Natalie who wore this shirt this week too!
5) Kari's scribble dress has become my go to easy outfit for the winter. I paired it with my new animal bag for a bit of pattern mixing overload. It's a lot of pattern but everything is in the same tones so I felt like it went together.
6) Inspired by Angie's NYFW orange and animal combo, I decided to try out my own version. H&M cropped jacket from last summer, Ann Taylor blouse and skinnies.
7/8) Evolution of a WIW that started out as #7. This seemed to work better in my head but when I saw the pictures it looked like Angie's New New Style Epiphany from April fools day and I had to change my shoes. The top is too short to wear with heels. If I was wearing a tunic, I think it would work better. #8 is how I actually left the house. Wow, this looks so much better with boots!
Suggestions and comments greatly appreciated! I am always inspired by you and learn so much every time I post. Thanks for looking!